Sarangkot is a famous viewpoint of Himalayan peaks, including Dhaulagiri, Machhapucchhare, Annapurna II, and Lamjung Himal. Also, the best place to see sunrise and sunset view from Pokhara. Sarangkot Dhampus Trek is one of the best short treks in Annapurna. The Sarangkot Dhampus hiking takes you through 3 most popular viewpoints in Pokhara Sarangkot, Dhampus, and Naudanda.
Memorable sunrise view from Sarankot, close up view of Mt Fishtail and Pokhara Valley including Phewa Lake from the top of Naudanda hill is the main attraction of the trek. You can enjoy the views of Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri Hiunchul, Lamjung and other mountains from Dhampus village. Sarangkot hiking is suitable for all age groups because of its lower elevations & favorable weather. In conclusion, Sarangkot Dhampus trekking is the best short trek from Pokhara after Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek.
Sarangkot Trek Itinerary
|Day 01||Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara||1,400 m||7 hrs|
|Day 02||Hike from Pokhara to Sarangkot via Bagar||1,600 m||4 hrs|
|Day 03||Hike from Sarangkot to Dhampus||1,650 m||5 hrs|
|Day 04||Dhampus to Pokhara and Drive back to Kathmandu||1,400 m||9 hrs|
The Trip Cost Includes
- All necessary land transport.
- 1-night accommodation in Pokhara (Breakfast included).
- All necessary paper works(TIMS and Permit).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking staff.
- First aid medical kits.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and a duffel bag (to be returned after trip completion).
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- All government and local taxes.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) in Kathmandu.
- International flight ticket and Nepal entry visa.
- Personal travel insurance (Which should include coverage for trekking).
- Personal gear for trekking.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Tip for trekking staff(expected).
- Any others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes.