Gosaikunda Helambu Trek is suitable for those who are seeking for adventures. This fantastic ideal adventure trek is situated in the northern part of Kathmandu Valley and bordering Tibet. You will have a marvellous walk by going through enchanting woodlands of tall rhododendron, pines, oaks and firs trees. You will be able to enjoy the beautiful nature and get to see the magnificent views of the snow-capped mountains. You will get to observe the traditional culture of Sherpa, Tamang and Tibetan people in the region.
Let’s start our journey at Dhunche. As we trek up, we will be passing an old cheese factory at Sing Gompa. There are a few lakes in the Gosainkunda Basin, but the main three are Saraswati Kunda, Bhairab Kunda, and Gosainkunda. Along the way, let’s admire the spectacular views of Manaslu and the mountains of the Ganesh Himal. Not sure how to plan your trip at Gosaikunda Helambu Trek? You can contact us to plan your trip.
Detail Itinerary Of Gosaikunda Helambu Trek
Day 01: Drive to Dhunche(1,960m) – 7 hours.
Our first day of the Gosaikunda Helambu trek begins with the drive from Kathmandu to Dhunche. Dhunche is the beautiful Tamang village. Along the way, we will cross the places like Kalanki, Ranipauwa, Trishuli Bazaar and Betrawati. It takes about 6 hours drive from Kathmandu to reach Dhunche. Rest of the day we will visit and explore Dhunche village. Overnight at Dhunche.
Day 02: Trek to Shin Gompa(3,330m) – 7 hours.
Today we will start trekking from Dhunche. The trail ascends through mineral water factory up to Ghatte Khola. Further after crossing the suspension bridge and walking through pine, silver, oak and rhododendron forests will take us to Shin Gompa. Shin Gompa is famous for old monasteries and Yak cheese factory as well as we can see the magnificent views of the Himalayas including Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Hiuchuli, and Annapurna. Overnight at Shin Gompa.
Day 03: Trek to Gosaikunda(4,460m) – 6 hours.
Today we will begin our treks towards Gosaikunda. Mountains surround the lake. From here we get to enjoy the beautiful views of the Himalayas including Manaslu, Ganesh, Langtang, Hiuchuli, and Annapurna. Gosaikunda is the religious and cultural significance for Nepalese. Every year during Janai Purnima thousands of Hindu Pilgrims visit the lake. Overnight at Gosaikunda.
Day 04: Trek to Ghopte(3,430m) – 7 hours.
Today’s trial is steep and passes by lakes before we reach Laurebina La Pass at 4610m. The Helambu region begins from the pass. We follow the rocky trail that descends through the forests until we reach Ghopte. The trial is well marked so not the dangerous. We will pass through the Surya Kunda before we reach Ghopte. Overnight at Ghopte.
Day 05: Trek to Kutumsang(2,446m) – 6 hours.
Today we will start trekking descend from Ghopte. After crossing through many downhill and uphill across the dense forests, we will reach Thadepati village, from where the trek to Helambu valley will start. The trail descends through the beautiful rhododendron forests and ridges towards the village of Mangengoth. We will do lunch here, and further, we will walk and pass through the beautiful Tamang villages until we reach Kutumsang. Kutumsang is the most famous village of Tamang community in the Helambu region. Overnight at Kutumsang.
Day 06: Trek to Chisapani(2,300m) – 6 hours.
Today our trek starts after having breakfast at Kutumsang and descend through the classical hills and delightful villages towards the Gul Bhanjyang. Further, continue our walk we will enjoy the beautiful panoramic views of the Himalayas and through the beautiful rhododendron forests towards the village of Thotundanda. After having lunch at Thankune Bhanjyang, we trek down towards Tamang and Chettri villages and Pati Bhanjyang. After gently climbing up through meadows and growing fields we will reach Chisapani. Chispani is a major village of Tamang community. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 07: Trek to Sundarijal(2,150m) – 5 hours and Drive back to Kathmandu.
The Trip Cost Includes
- All necessary land transport.
- All necessary paper works(TIMS and National Park Permit).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking staff.
- First aid medical kits.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and a duffel bag (to be returned after trip completion).
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- All government and local taxes.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) in Kathmandu.
- Airport picks up & drop off service(on your international flight) by private car/ van/bus. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- The required number of porters to carry your luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
- International flight ticket and Nepal entry visa.
- Personal travel insurance (Which should include coverage for trekking).
- Personal gear for trekking.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Tip for trekking staff(expected).
- Any others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes.