Lumbini, situated in the southwest from Kathmandu is an in-depth exploration of the birthplace of Lord Buddha. UNESCO declared the place as a World Heritage Site due to its importance to the Hindu and Buddhist religious community. In Lumbini, there are a lot of places to visit, but we will visit a few places on our Lumbini tour trip, like World Peace Pagoda, Lumbini Crane Sanctuary, and Lumbini Garden. There are many temples in this area. Certain temples like Mayadevi Temple and other temples are under renovation. Lumbini is also a holy site where you want to go to a monastery. Today, Lumbini is one of the four main pilgrimage places in Buddhism. It is also an essential place of pilgrimage for Hindus who consider the Buddha as one of the many manifestations.
Detail Itinerary Of Lumbini Tour
Day 01: Drive to Lumbini – 8 hours, in a Tourist Bus. Overnight at a Hotel.
We will be driving to Lumbini. The trip will take 7-8 hours on a tourist bus. However, you can also take a flight which will take 40 minutes. After arriving and check in to the hotel, and being fresh, we will be strolling around in the local market to have a glimpse of local lifestyles.
Day 02: Explore Lumbini. Overnight at a Hotel.
We will be touring Lumbini today. First will be visiting the Mayadevi temple which is built on the exact place where Buddha was born. Mayadevi temple gets the name from the Buddha mother. We will move to Lumbini Park. You will get to see different monasteries, temples, parks and all in a rickshaw. The main attraction in Lumbini park is the synchronized water fountain and the floral clock. If you enjoy the boat ride, there are boat facilities at the Lumbini Park Jetty for tourist.
Day 03: Drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight at a Hotel.
The last day of your trip back to Kathmandu, we will catch a tourist bus early in the morning to go Kathmandu.
The Trip Cost Includes
- 2-way transportation to Lumbini on a Tourist Bus.
- All necessary land Transports on a private car/ van/ bus while touring in Lumbini.
- An experienced English speaking tour guide.
- Food, accommodation, salary, and transportation for our tour guide.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Necessary entrance fees while sightseeing.
- Airport picks up & drop off service(on your international flight) by private car/ van/bus. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- Hotel( Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) in Kathmandu.
- 2-night accommodation in Lumbini(3-star category Hotel) on BB basis.
- Tips for a tour guide(expected).