Langtang Valley Trek is also known as “the valley of glaciers.” It is one of the most beautiful places in Nepal. You will be able to seek stunning landscapes and authentic culture. You will be receiving heartwarming hospitality from the local people. The Tamang and Sherpa follow the Tibetan Buddhism and the traditional religion. You will get a chance to visit the Langtang National park and have an exciting moment at high mountain lakes Gosainkunda and the beautiful valley ‘ Helambu.’ There will be wildlife like the Himalayan black bear, red panda, rhesus monkeys. Langtang valley was profoundly affected by the devastating earthquake that hit Nepal in 2015. The villagers are rebuilding their homeland since then. If you are seeking short, comfortable and want to stay out from the busy cities, Langtang Valley will be a perfect place.
On the way we trek up, we will catch a spiritual glimpse of age-old pray stones believed to makes’ wishes come true. We will see the villagers daily life where they will be on the farm. The local products are made out of Yak Cheese and Butter. We will be passing through Rhododendron, and Bamboo mixed with Pine Forests. We will also be welcomed by the majestic waterfalls rushing down over Gigantic boulders. We will be doing an itinerary that will give you an unforgettable experience in Langtang Valley Trek.
Detail Itinerary Of Langtang Valley Trek
Day 01: Drive to Syabru Besi(1,600m) – 8 hours.
We leave Kathmandu early in the morning. We will go hotel to local bus park of Kathmandu on a private vehicle, and we will take a deluxe public bus to Syabru Besi from there. Syabru Besi is the starting point of trekking in Langtang region. After our 7 hours of long drive journey, we will reach Syabru Besi. If the weather is clean, we can see the outstanding views of Annapurna, Manaslu and Ganesh Himal. Overnight at Syabru Besi.
Day 02: Trek to Lama Hotel(2,410m) – 6 hours.
After breakfast, we will begin our trek towards Langtang Khola. We will be walking through rhododendron and oak forests. After crossing the bridge over Langtang Khola, we ascend on a steep trail, and our trial reaches the Lama Hotel. Overnight at Lama Hotel.
Day 03: Trek to Mundu(3,540m) via Langtang Village – 7 hours.
Today we continue our trek towards Green Meadows of Ghoda Tabela. From where we can see the beautiful white peaks of the Langtang range. We will pass through the Langtang village which was affected by the 2015 earthquake. Along the way, we will pass the Buddhist monastery before the Langtang village. We will continue our trek until we reach Mundu. Overnight at mundu.
Day 04: Trek to Kyangjin Gompa(3,870m) – 5 hours.
After breakfast, we will start our journey towards Kyanjin Gompa. We pass through the stone built houses made on tiny villages. Kyanjin Gompa is more famous for cheese and curd. We will explore the Buddhist shrine in Kyanjin Gompa and surrounding areas. From here we can see the fantastic views of mountains. Overnight at Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 05: Trek to Teserko Ri(5,000m) and back to Kyanjin Gompa – 8 hours.
Today we spend the day by exploring Tserko Ri which helps us to acclimatize at high altitude. Teserko Ri is in 5,000m, which is the highest altitude we will trek during our Langtang valley trek. We begin our hike early in the morning by passing through the yak pastures we will reach Tserko Ri. The sunrise view from the top of Tserko Ri is incredible. After exploring Tserko Ri, We trek back to Kyanjin Gompa on our accommodation. Overnight at Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 06: Trek to Lama Hotel(2,410m) – 7 hours.
We begin our trek towards the Lama Hotel after breakfast. Today’s trek is a downhill trek. We will be passing through the forests and beautiful Tamang villages until we reach Lama Hotel. Overnight at Lama Hotel.
Day 07: Trek to Syabru Besi(1,600m) – 7 hours.
After breakfast, we will leave the Lama Hotel and the beautiful mountains too. We will be walking for around 5 hours to reach Syabru Besi. Most of the trail is downhill. Today’s trek is much more comfortable than before. Overnight at Syabru Besi.
Day 08: Drive back to Kathmandu.
After breakfast, we will pack up and take our drive to back on Kathmandu. The journey takes around 8 hours to reach Kathmandu. As we are driving on a Public bus but a comfortable deluxe one. Overnight at Hotel.
The Trip Cost Includes
- All necessary land transport.
- All necessary paper works(TIMS and National Park Permit).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking staff.
- First aid medical kits.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and a duffel bag (to be returned after trip completion).
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- All government and local taxes.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) in Kathmandu.
- Airport picks up & drop off service(on your international flight) by private car/ van/bus. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- The required number of porters to carry your luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
- International flight ticket and Nepal entry visa.
- Personal travel insurance (Which should include coverage for trekking).
- Personal gear for trekking.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Tip for trekking staff(expected).
- Any others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes.