Nar Phu Valley Trek, a neighborhood of Annapurna Circuit trek, is a recently opened, exciting trek located north of Manang. Nar Phu Valley Trekking is the best trip to experience picturesque medieval villages, narrow gorges, herds of blue sheep and a spectacular cliffside trail. Trek to Nar Phu Valley combines high passes, glaciers, remote villages, narrow canyons, beautiful forests, fantastic rock formations, yaks, Gompas and warm, welcoming culture. Nar Phu Valley Trek offers an unforgettable experience of the purest Himalayan landscape, local Himalayan environment, and culture. Nar Phu Valley Trek begins from Koto village and then leave the main trail of Annapurna Circuit. After crossing the Marsyangdi River, the trail heading to Nar Phu Valley following Nar Khola. From here you can see just a few trekkers on the way.
The trek moves into the remote Nar Phu valley via Meta and Kang villages. Phu village is the best place to understand the real lifestyle of the locals living their most of all is Bhote communities. There are several side trips from the Phu Village; such as visit the Tashi Khaling Gumba, Himlung Himal Base Camp and sacred site of Damodar Kunda trail. The trip retrace to the Meta village, where you may visit the Kangaru Himal Base Camp. And then continue for the Kang La Pass (5,320m) via Nar Phedi and Nar Village. Off the beaten track to Nar Phu valley & Kang La pass provides a magnificent panorama of Annapurna II, Gangapurna, Tilicho peak, and Annapurna massifs. Finally Nar Phu Valley Short Trip ends at Chamje. The main trail of Annapurna Circuit, from where you can drive backs to Besisahar.
Nar Phu Valley Trek Itinerary
|Day 01||Drive to Koto via Besisahar||2,600 m||8 hrs|
|Day 02||Trek from Koto to Meta||3,560 m||7 hrs|
|Day 03||Trek from Meta to Phu||4,080 m||7 hrs|
|Day 04||Acclimatization day, Hike to Himlung Base Camp||4,800 m||6 hrs|
|Day 05||Trek from Phu to Nar Phedi||3,490 m||6 hrs|
|Day 06||Trek from Nar Phedi to Nar Village||4,110 m||4 hrs|
|Day 07||Trek to Ngawal via Kang La Pass||5,240 m||8 hrs|
|Day 08||Trek to Pisang, and Drive to Besisahar||2,600 m||5 hrs|
|Day 09||Drive back to Kathmandu||1,400 m||8 hrs|
The Trip Cost Includes
- All necessary land transport.
- All necessary paper works(TIMS and Permit).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking staff.
- First aid medical kits.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and a duffel bag (to be returned after trip completion).
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- All government and local taxes.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) in Kathmandu.
- International flight ticket and Nepal entry visa.
- Personal travel insurance (Which should include coverage for trekking).
- Personal gear for trekking.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Tip for trekking staff(expected).
- Any others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes.