The Royal Trek is one of the shortest treks that follow a path along the foothills of Annapurna. The Trek named after Prince Charles and his 90 person entourage had explored this route in the early eighties. This trek provides the opportunities for meaningful cultural experiences with a diverse mix of people and cultures that inhabit. The Royal trek starts from Kalikastan, about half an hour drive from Pokhara and the trail goes through beautiful Gurung villages. During the trek, you can enjoy stunning views of the hillside rice terraces, the magnificent Annapurna range, Machapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Lamjung and the Langtang.
The Royal trekking tour is mainly for beginner trekkers who don’t have time to trek longer such as Annapurna Base Camp trek, Annapurna Circuit trek. Compared to other trekking areas in the Annapurna region, This route is less crowded. Paths are well-maintained by the locals who depend upon this route for their daily livelihood. So that, you can get more close to nature, culture, and lifestyle. Apart from the cultural sites and mountain views mentioned above. You might also get opportunities to see fantastic fauna and flora. Also, Royal trek is the perfect trip for you if you are seeking privacy.
Royal Trek Itinerary
|Day 01||Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara||1,400 m||7 hrs|
|Day 02||Drive from Pokhara to Bijayapur Khola, and trek to Kalikasthan||1,370 m||6 hrs|
|Day 03||Kalikasthan to Syaklung||1,730 m||6 hrs|
|Day 04||Syaklung to Chisapani||1,550 m||6 hrs|
|Day 05||Chisapani to Pokhara||1,400 m||5 hrs|
|Day 06||Drive back to Kathmandu||1,400 m||7 hrs|
The Trip Cost Includes
- All necessary land transport.
- 2-night accommodation in Pokhara (Breakfast included).
- All necessary paper works(TIMS and Permit).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking staff.
- First aid medical kits.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and a duffel bag (to be returned after trip completion).
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- All government and local taxes.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) in Kathmandu.
- International flight ticket and Nepal entry visa.
- Personal travel insurance (Which should include coverage for trekking).
- Personal gear for trekking.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Tip for trekking staff(expected).
- Any others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes.