Helambu trek, another short, beautiful trek in Nepal. As the trek is near to Kathmandu, it is easily accessible for trekkers. By doing this trek, you will be able to have a unique experience to witness the ancient culture of Hyolmo tribes. You will be going through the forest of green rhododendron and bamboo. Many species of birds use this forest as a shelter. If you are lucky, there will be wildlife like Red Pandas, Musk Deer, and Rhesus Monkeys. Want to see the beautiful scenery of the mountain views? You will get to see the full of mountain views including Langtang Lirung Mountain, Ganesh Mountain, and many other peaks.
We will be starting our journey of this trek from Sundarijal. As we trek up, we will go through the Shivapuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve. We will also be crossing meadow and fields. We will be visiting Tarkeghyang which is a Sherpa village. Tarkeghyang is also known as Helambu. This village is one of the oldest and most significant monasteries. You will get to experience their culture and lifestyle. Helambu trek will also be a chance to learn a little about the Tibetan Buddhist. Interested in doing Helambu trek, Book the trip now or contact us for more information.
Detail Itinerary Of Helambu Trek
Day 01: Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani(2,300m) – 5 hours.
Today, our starting day of the Helambu trek we will drive to Sundarijal from Kathmandu which takes around one hour, and trek to Chisapani from Sunjdarijal takes about five hours. The trail will pass through the Shivapuri National Park. We will talk inside the forest; Along the way, we will cross the village name Mulkharka. Mulkharka is a Tamang village. Finally, we will reach Chisapani. Overnight at Guesthouse in Chisapani.
Day 02: Trek to Kutumsang(2,446m) – 7 hours.
After our morning breakfast, we will walk through the Pati Bhanjyang and Gul Bhanjyang to reach Kutumsang. From Gul Bhanjyang the trail climbs to the ridge to another pass at 2620m. Another downhill trek from the pass takes us to the village of Kutumsang. Overnight at Kutumsang.
Day 03: Trek to Thadepati(3,650m) – 6 hours.
We begin our trek by climbing above Kutumsang through fir and rhododendron forests. Along the way, we will cross Yurin Danda from where we can see the magnificent views of the Himalayas. Finally, six hours of trekking journey takes us at Thadepati for an overnight stay.
Day 04: Trek to Tarke Ghyang(2,560m) – 6 hours.
Hike from Thadepati to Tarkeghyang is perfect, beautiful exploration of Helambu region. The walk takes us to the beautiful Sherpa village Tarkeghyang. On the way, we will cross Melamchigaon. Tarkeghyang is the perfect place to observe the mixture of culture and spirituality. We can see the monasteries once we arrive at Tarkeghyang. Overnight at Tarkeghyang.
Day 05: Trek to Sermanthang(2,610m) – 4 hours.
We start our trek after breakfast passing through the lush forests. Before reaching the Sermanthang a beautiful Sherpa village we move through the villages, Chortens, and a monastery. From Sermanthang we can see the stunning views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang ranges, and Jugal Himal. Overnight at Sermanthang.
Day 06: Trek to Melamchi Bazaar and drive back to Kathmandu(1,400m) – 6 hours.
The Trip Cost Includes
- All necessary land transport.
- All necessary paper works(TIMS and National Park Permit).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking staff.
- First aid medical kits.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and a duffel bag (to be returned after trip completion).
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- All government and local taxes.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) in Kathmandu.
- Airport picks up & drop off service(on your international flight) by private car/ van/bus. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- The required number of porters to carry your luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
- International flight ticket and Nepal entry visa.
- Personal travel insurance (Which should include coverage for trekking).
- Personal gear for trekking.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Tip for trekking staff(expected).
- Any others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes.