Khopra Danda Trek also known as Khopra Ridge trekking is one of the newly opened treks in the Annapurna. Khopra trekking features stunning views of snowcapped mountains and exposure to various ethnicities of the region. This lesser-known trek is ideal for families with children as the trails are easy to walk on. Khopra Danda Trek offers the perfect view of snow-capped peaks and green hills including terraced fields, pasturelands, and beautiful cultural villages. The trek offers eye-catching views of the snowy Himalayas like Mt. Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Mt. Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre, and other.
Trekking to Khopra Danda features a stunning view of the sunrise over the mountains from Khopra Ridge and Poon Hill. The trail passes through beautiful villages of Gurung, Magar, Chhetri, and Brahmin communities which allows trekkers to experience the pure Nepali culture and lifestyle. The Khopra Danda trek is a best short trek for families with children. The trek offers your children to be familiar with the joys of trekking and exchanging & experiencing with the local culture. Khopra trek is an offbeat trek trail which combines a great mixture of culture & hospitality, hilly landscape, great panoramic Himalayan view, wildlife, etc.
Khopra Danda Trek Itinerary
|Day 01||Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara||1,400 m||7 hrs|
|Day 02||Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul, and trek to Ghorepani||2,875 m||7 hrs|
|Day 03||Trek from Ghorepani to Upper Chistibung||3,000 m||6 hrs|
|Day 04||Trek from Upper Chistibung to Khopra Danda||3,640 m||4 hrs|
|Day 05||Day-trip to Khayer Lake(4,660m) & trek down to Tatopani||1,250 m||6 hrs|
|Day 06||Drive from Tatopani to Pokhara||1,400 m||5 hrs|
|Day 07||Drive back to Kathmandu||1,400 m||7 hrs|
The Trip Cost Includes
- All necessary land transport.
- 2-night accommodation in Pokhara (Breakfast included).
- All necessary paper works(TIMS and Permit).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking staff.
- First aid medical kits.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and a duffel bag (to be returned after trip completion).
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- All government and local taxes.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) in Kathmandu.
- International flight ticket and Nepal entry visa.
- Personal travel insurance (Which should include coverage for trekking).
- Personal gear for trekking.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Tip for trekking staff(expected).
- Any others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes.