To travel from one country to another, we will need travel insurance. Likewise, you will also require travel insurance for trekking in Nepal. But which is the best travel insurance company?
This article will provide a list of trusted and popular insurance companies who sell travel insurance for Nepal, both for trekking and tours and other mountain activities such as peak climbing and expeditions.
We all know that Travel insurance is mandatory for travellers visiting Nepal for adventure activities such as trekking, peak climbing, etc.
Being insured before while trekking gives you extra enjoyment. Here we are providing you with the list of our recommended best travel insurance for trekking in Nepal.
- Why do you need travel insurance for trekking in Nepal?
- Things to Keep in Mind before buying Travel Insurance for trekking in Nepal
- Recommended best travel insurance for trekking in Nepal
- World Nomads(For Canadians, Americans & even Asians)
- Insure and Go(For British)
- 1Cover Travel Insurance(For Australians and New Zealanders)
- Europ Assistance(For Europeans)
- Travel insurance Consultants(For South Africans)
- Travel Guard(For Canadians, and Americans)
- Direct Travel Insurance(For British)
- British Mountaineering Council(For British)
- Cover-More Travel Insurance(For Australians and New Zealanders)
- ITrek Travel Insurance(For Australians and New Zealanders)
- Why You need to choose them?
- So what is the solution to avoid fake rescue in Nepal?
Why do you need travel insurance for trekking in Nepal?
It doesn’t matter wherever you are travelling. After booking a trip packing things like the bag, clothes, jacket, gear, trekking shoes are ordinary nowadays everybody knows about it. Likewise, nowadays it is also essential to have travel insurance for trekking in Nepal.
Local trekking Agency in Nepal will sell you a trip with everything included( foods, accommodations, guide, porter, etc.) on your trekking packages to save your time. But none of the agencies will offer you a trip with travel insurance for trekking in Nepal.
Travel Insurance, popularly known as traveller’s insurance is the insurance that covers the unexpected expenses like trip cancellation, flight accident, medical insurance, luggage lost and other losses incurred while travelling. Also, some travel policies cover damage to personal property.
There is no doubt that, You can travel anywhere without travel insurance. But the thing you have to understand is, you will be paying your bills in case you get sick, lose something or miss your flight. Doing Travel Insurance before while travelling allows you to travel with peace of mind without any fear.
Before doing the travel insurance for trekking in Nepal don’t forget to check your policy and make sure that you are covered for adventure activities like trekking over a certain altitude.
Many travel insurance policies do not cover people over 4,000 m. Considering popular treks like Everest Base camp trek, Manaslu circuit trek all have passed over 5,000 meters( Larkya La Pass at 5,160 m & Kala Patthar at 5,545 m) this is something you have to make sure.
The best way is to call up your insurance company and ask whether you are covered for trekking in Nepal up to the elevation you will be trekking to or not.
These all companies I mentioned above, are the best travel insurance for Everest base camp trek, including best travel insurance for Annapurna base camp trek and obviously for all treks of Nepal.
Things to Keep in Mind before buying Travel Insurance for trekking in Nepal
- Your travel Insurance must cover both the medical expenses and emergency evacuation cost. We recommend that your travel insurance is worth a minimum of $10,000.
- It is necessary that you need to choose an insurance policy which covers the cost of the helicopter rescue from the mountain, in case if you got sick by high altitude and other major accidents in the mountains. During such extreme cases of an emergency evacuation, a helicopter flight is the only way out of the mountains which includes a rescue team which is the main reason to require your travel insurances to cover the cost of helicopter services, evacuation from the Himalayas and medical expenses on most costly hospitals in Nepal.
- A helicopter evacuation in Nepal costs a minimum of $4,000. We recommend you to choose a policy that pays doctors or hospitals and helicopter charter services directly rather than you having to settle on the spot and claim later.
- If your travel insurance company does not provide an upfront payment, be sure to obtain receipts from each place so that you can reclaim later without the travel insurance it’s hard to pay bills later.
Recommended best travel insurance for trekking in Nepal
These below ten best travel insurances for trekking in Nepal I recommended are the ones who have their agent & offices in Nepal because they are big brands and have many customers. Just visit their website and buy a suitable insurance policy for you.
World Nomads(For Canadians, Americans & even Asians)
Insure and Go(For British)
1Cover Travel Insurance(For Australians and New Zealanders)
Europ Assistance(For Europeans)
Travel insurance Consultants(For South Africans)
Travel Guard(For Canadians, and Americans)
Direct Travel Insurance(For British)
British Mountaineering Council(For British)
Cover-More Travel Insurance(For Australians and New Zealanders)
ITrek Travel Insurance(For Australians and New Zealanders)
Why You need to choose them?
Probably you heard about Heli rescue scam in Nepal. The fake trekking companies who will do rescue by making you sick are also aware of these insurance companies because there will be a significant investigation after your rescue while paying a bill by the insurance company.
Furthermore, Those who are earning money by fake rescue, and fake bills they can’t submit the huge amount of bills to these insurance companies because they know the Nepali market and price. If they(Fake rescue trekking companies) can’t earn money then why they will do your rescue by making you sick in the mountains.
They(Fake Rescue Companies) also know that, so there will be a low chance of fake rescue when you be insured with these travel insurances while trekking in Nepal.
Note: There will be no hassle while paying the bill by these insurance companies if you really got sick in the mountains and the companies did the rescue and submit the reasonable amount for the claim.
So what is the solution to avoid fake rescue in Nepal?
The only solution to avoid fake rescue is to plan & Book a holiday with an experienced and well-known trekking company in Nepal who have good reviews and best customer experience.
The travel business is all about recommendation; when you get the best service, you will obviously recommend the company to your friends, family & other. The famous brands will never do such kinds of cheap behaviour to earn money.