For those who don’t want to trek up to high altitude hike route, Jomsom Muktinath Trek is an excellent choice. Even though is at a low altitude, you will still be able to witness numerous Trans Himalayan cultural sites, incredible snow-capped mountain views, and fantastic countryside sceneries. Get an opportunity to experience the well-preserved Tibetan Buddhist cultural attractions on the trek. The trail will go through stunning landscape, rhododendrons forest and world’s deepest Kaligandaki gorge. Himalayan peaks that you will be able to admire includes Annapurna, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri. Jomsom Muktinath trek is known pilgrimage trekking trail as Buddhist and Hindu is the dominating religion in Nepal.
We will be starting the Jomsom Muktinath trek by taking a flight to Jomsom from Pokhara Airport. We will trek to Muktinath, a popular pilgrimage destination for Hindu and Buddhists. We will be visiting the Muktinath Temple. We will be going to a hot spring which is at Tatopani. The Nepalis believe that they will be cured for skin disease if they take a dip in the hot spring. The next spot will be Poon Hill where you can see the sunset or sunrise. The final stop will be Pokhara where you will be able to get some views of the beautiful lakes and temples. You will able to enjoy this trek by experiencing the culture of Hindu and Buddhist. Contact us to arrange a trip for you.
Detail Itinerary Of Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Day 01: Drive to Pokhara(900m) – 7 hours.
Today we will take a drive to Pokhara early in the morning via Prithivi national highway. The bus to Pokhara leaves at around 7 am. The journey could take roughly 8 hours to reach Pokhara. We also have the option to choose a flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara(35 minutes). We will stay overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 02: Drive to Beni(1000m) – 5 hours.
Today we will take a drive to Beni from Pokhara which will take approximately 5 hours on a public vehicle. Along the way, the roads are super beautiful. Beni is a famous bazaar. Overnight a hotel.
Day 03: Trek to Tatopani(1190m) – 5 hours.
Our today’s journey today is mostly downhill. During the trek, we will cross some suspension bridges and some forests before reaching Tatopani. After reaching Tatopani, we can relax and have a bath in the hot spring. Overnight at Guesthouse. Beni to Tatopani in one reasonably long but not difficult day, which will take approximately 7 hours to reach Tatopani. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 04: Trek to Ghasa(2110m) – 5 hours.
Today, the trail follows the Kali Gandaki River. Ghasa is considered as a paradise for bird watchers and also a Thakali village. Along the way, we will pass through the beautiful waterfall, Rupse Chhahara. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 05: Trek to Marpha(2680m) – 5 hours.
Today, a steep climb through the forest takes us to Lete and after crossing the Larjung Village finally we will arrive at Marpha. Marpha is famous for the apple. The local brandy of Marpha made from apple is famous all around Nepal. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 06: Trek to Kagbeni(2810m) – 5 hours.
Today, our trail continues along the valley side. Along the way, We pass through Eklebhatti village before reaching Kagbeni. From Kagbeni, we will be rewarded with great views of Nilgiri, Tukuche, and Dhaulagiri peaks. Overnight in Kagbeni.
Day 07: Trek to Muktinath(3710m) – 6 hours.
Our journey starts with a special permit check and then onwards by the side of Kaligandaki river. Today we will walk around 6 hours. Finally, we will reach Muktinath. Muktinath is a pilgrimage for both Hindus and Buddhists. Overnight at Guesthouse in Muktinath.
Day 08: Trek to Jomsom(2715m) – 7 hours.
Today we will visit Muktinath Temple in the morning and its surrounding essential spots. Then we will trek back to Jomsom. Along the way, we can see beautiful views of Mt. Dhaulagiri. Overnight at Jomsom.
Day 09: Fly to Pokhara(900m) – 15 minutes.
After taking our morning breakfast, we will check in the airport to catch the flight to Pokhara. The trip of 30 minutes will take us to Pokhara. Overnight at Pokhara.
Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu.
We will be driven back to Kathmandu in the morning. We will reach Kathmandu after seven hours of drive. Overnight at a Hotel.
The Trip Cost Includes
- All necessary land transport.
- Domestic airfare (Jomsom - Pokhara)and airport tax.
- 1-night accommodation in Pokhara (Breakfast included).
- All necessary paper works(TIMS and Permit).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking staff.
- First aid medical kits.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and a duffel bag (to be returned after trip completion).
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- All government and local taxes.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) in Kathmandu.
- Airport picks up & drop off service(on your international flight) by private car/ van/bus. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- The required number of porters to carry your luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
- International flight ticket and Nepal entry visa.
- Personal travel insurance (Which should include coverage for trekking).
- Personal gear for trekking.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Tip for trekking staff(expected).
- Any others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes.