In this Upper Mustang Trek, you will be able to explore the hidden world of the old Buddhist kingdom of Mustang. It highly preserves the Tibetan culture and unspoiled nature. The place is not very well known to tourist, therefore will have lesser trekkers. There are a few attraction in this region which is the royal palace, a few beautiful monasteries like the Thugchen Gompa. Another choice is to visit the Amchi museum and Amchi school. Amchi is a traditional Tibetan doctor. As the region is in the rain shadow, you can consider doing the trek in during the monsoon months (June-August). During winter months, many residents from the surrounding area will be moving down to lower altitudes, so there may be some inconvenience in restaurants and accommodation.
If you want to join the most celebrated festival in the region, called “Tiji Festival.” You may want to visit the trek in the third week of May. The exact day goes according to the Buddhist calendar. Due to the government have imposed strict policies in the region, there will be special permit to enter the trek. The cost of this trek will be more expensive due to the expenses of the license. The starting point of this trek will be the district headquarters of Mustang, Jomsom. You will walk to Kagbeni which is the gateway to Upper Mustang. On the way up, you will get to see a great view of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Tilicho Peak, and YakawaKang. Experience some of the most significant and most beautiful Tibetan Buddhism gompas in Nepal in Lo Manthang the capital city of Mustang.
Detail Itinerary Of Upper Mustang Trek
Day 01: Drive to Pokhara(900m) – 7 hours, in a Tourist Bus.
Day 02: Fly to Jomsom(2,700m) and trek to Kagbeni(2,810m) – 4 hours.
Day 03: Trek to Chele(3,050m) – 6 hours.
Day 04: Trek to Syanbochen(3,475m) – 7 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Ghaymi(3,500m) – 5 hours.
Day 06: Trek to Charang(3,560m) – 4 hours.
Day 07: Trek to Lo Manthang(3,770m) – 5 hours.
Day 08: Acclimatization Day at Lo Manthang.
Day 09: Trek to Drakmar(3,800m) – 7 hours.
Day 10: Trek to Ghiling(3,860m) – 6 hours.
Day 11: Trek to Chuksang(3,050) – 6 hours.
Day 12: Trek to Jomsom(2,700m) – 6 hours.
Day 13: Jomsom to Pokhara Flight(30minutes).
Day 14: Drive back to Kathmandu.
The Trip Cost Includes
- All necessary land transport.
- Domestic airfare (Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara) and airport tax.
- 2-night accommodation in Pokhara (Breakfast included).
- All necessary paper works(TIMS, Restricted Area Permit, and ACAP Permit).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- The required number of porters to carry your luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking staff.
- First aid medical kits.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and a duffel bag (to be returned after trip completion).
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- All government and local taxes.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) in Kathmandu.
- Airport picks up & drop off service(on your international flight) by private car/ van/bus. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu. click here to book now/ include on your trip.
- International flight ticket and Nepal entry visa.
- Personal travel insurance (Which should include coverage for trekking).
- Personal gear for trekking.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Tip for trekking staff(expected).
- Any others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes.